Asphalt Enamel Pipe
Asphalt Enamel Pipeline Coating
Asphalt Enamel (AE) coating is a plant applied coating based on modified bitumen (asphalt) which has been successfully used for many years for corrosion protection of steel pipes.
Features & Benefits
Long Term Corrosion Protection
- Excellent adhesion to steel provides a track record of long term corrosion resistance.
- Recommended for pipelines designed to convey water, gas, oil or any other fluid when the continuous temperature of the fluid being transported does not exceed 70°C (158°F)*.
- Advanced manufacturing techniques allow Bredero Shaw to supply AE coatings with varying grades of asphalt enamels and inner and outer wraps along with a thickness as per your design specification.
- The system can be applied to various pipe diameters from 90 mm (3.5”) to over 1200 mm (48”).
- Extensive track record of excellent performance in over 8,000 enamel pipe coating projects
- More than 80,000 kms (49,710 miles) of enamel coated pipe across the world.
- Proven coating technology for use with Concrete Weight Coatings.
Related Standards and Specifications
- GAZ de France R 01
- EN 10300
- BS 4147
- Shell DEP 22.214.171.124
- DNV RP-F-106
- ISO 9001 :2000
Typical Plant Capabilities and Product Properties
|Minimum Pipe Diameter||90 mm (3.5”)|
|Maximum Pipe Diameter||1200 mm + (48”+)|
|Minimum Pipe Length||5.5 m (18’)|
|Maximum Pipe Length||18 m (59’)|
|Minimum Recommended Operating Temperature||-40°C (-40°F)|
|Maximum Recommended Operating Temperature||70°C (158°F)*|
Values shown are typical and may vary from plant to plant.
* Actual temperature will depend upon design criteria.