Fusion Bonded Epoxy Powder Coating
Fusion Bonded Epoxy Powder Coating (FBE ) is a high performance anti-corrosion coating that provides excellent protection for small and large diameter pipelines with moderate operating temperatures.
- Fusion Bonded Epoxy
Features & Benefits
Long Term Corrosion Protection
- FBE’s excellent adhesion to steel provides superior long term corrosion resistance and protection of pipelines operating at moderate temperatures for the designed life.
- Superior adhesion properties provide excellent resistance to cathodic disbondment which reduces the total cost of cathodic protection during the operation of the pipeline.
- Advanced manufacturing techniques allow FBE to be customized to your specific project.
- Can be applied to various pipe diameters from 90 mm (3.5”) to over 1220 mm (48”).
- Can be applied in a wide range of thicknesses to cost effectively meet unique project specifications and performance requirements.
Good Mechanical and Chemical Protection
- FBE can be applied as a dual layer product which provides tough physical properties that minimize damage during handling, transportation, installation and operation.
- FBE has been designed for good chemical resistance under most soil conditions.
Related Standards and Specifications
- CSA Z245.20
- AWWA C 213
- GAZ de France R 09
- GBE/CW 6
- NACE RP 0394
- NF A 49 706
- ISO 10080
- ISO 9001
Typical Plant Capabilities and Product Properties
|Minimum Pipe Diameter||90 mm (3.5”)|
|Maximum Pipe Diameter||1220 mm + (48”+)|
|Minimum Pipe Length||5.5 m (18’)|
|Maximum Pipe Length||25 m (82’)|
|Minimum Recommended Handling & Construction Temperature||-30°C (-22°F)**|
|Maximum Recommended Operating Temperature||110°C (230°F)*|
Values shown are typical and may vary from plant to plant.
* Soil type, moisture content, temperature & coating thickness all influence the upper operating temperature limit as per manufacture’s published literature.